This webinar calls upon some of Luxembourg Peace Prize's Laureates, past and present, to provide an analysis of the challenges facing our world today.
The 2020/2021 Luxembourg Peace Prize ceremony was scheduled to take place as part of the 5th Annual Transatlantic Dialogue conference at the University of Luxembourg. In keeping with the measures being taken around the world to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, the in-person Luxembourg Peace Prize 2020 ceremony has been postponed to Friday 28 May 2021.
The distinguished peacemakers represent a diverse mix of Activists, Educators, Leaders, and Artists from all corners of the globe in ten categories.
- Welcome, Vicki Hansen and Dominicus Rohde, Schengen Peace Foundation
- Announcement of May 2021 TransAtlantic Dialogue and Luxembourg Peace Prize Ceremony, François Carbon, TAD Chair, University of Luxembourg
- Steve Killelea, Founder and Director of Institute of Economics and Peace, Sydney, Australia speaking on Peace and COVID (10 minutes)
- Dr. Scilla Elworthy, Founder at Peace Direct and author of Business Plan for Peace and The Mighty Heart. United Kingdom (20 minutes)
- Steve Youngblood, Director, Center for Global Peace Journalism, Park University, Missouri USA, speaking on "Journalism and COVID" (30 minutes)
- Interactive Rhythmic Interlude by Ben Konen (5 minutes)
- Libby Liu, CEO Open Technology Fund, Washington DC, USA, speaking on "Open and Free Internet, Our Lifeline" (20 minutes)
- Helmy Abouleish, CEO SEKEM, Egypt, speaking on "The Economy of Love" (20 minutes)
- Invitation to continue the constructive conversation
- Closing Ceremony
To register (free-of-charge), see www.LuxembourgPeacePrize.org - A password and Zoom connection link will be sent upon registration.