On Tuesday 9 February 2021, thousands of people will celebrate Safer Internet Day, an international day of action under the slogan “Together for a better Internet”; in Luxembourg, the partners of the BEE SECURE initiative and other organisations will be organising a range of activities for the occasion.
Without losing sight of the advantages of the web, Safer Internet Day aims to raise public awareness of safer and responsible use of the internet. The active participation of institutions, organisations, associations, companies, initiatives and individuals at the international and national level is an important element of the Safer Internet Day campaign.
As Luxembourg's Safer Internet Centre, BEE SECURE is also involved in various actions and events. Everyone can get involved by participating, for example, in a parent's evening or with a simple gesture such as strengthening their password.
The full list of activities in Luxembourg this Safer Internet Day can be viewed below.
Events organised by BEE SECURE
- Mon. 08/02 @ 18:30: Digital Parents Privacy Salon - an online information evening for parents about tools, tips and tricks to manage digital privacy and better protect children on the internet (in English)
- Tue. 09/02 @ 18h30: Digital Privacy Salon - an online information evening dedicated to the general public which will focus on the protection of personal data related to the current COVID-19 situation (in English
- Tue. 09/02: Release of the second video of the “Discover together” series dedicated to parents. The video series can be viewed on the BEE SECURE YouTube channel
- Wed. 10/02 @ 18h30: Online information evening for parents during which experts will address the dangers of information and communication technologies, in the presence of BEE SECURE, the (KJT) Kanner-Jugendtelefon and the prevention service of the Grand Ducal Police in Luxembourg City (in Luxembourgish)
- Thu. 11/02 @ 18h30 : Digital Parents Privacy Salon - an online information evening for parents about tools, tips and tricks to manage digital privacy and better protect children on the internet (in English)
• Mon. 15/02: During the half-term break, children will have the opportunity to participate in the virtual edition of the DigiRallye in their Maison Relais.
Events organised by other organisations
- Tue. 09/02: Walk-In under the theme "Together for a better Internet" at Makerspace Base at the Geesseknäpchen Forum, organised by BEE CREATIVE (SNJ)
- Tue. 09/02: Launch of the Spambee.lu tool, the new national anti-spam and antiphishing solution by Securitymadein.lu
- Tue. 09/02 @ 08:30: Launch of the project for parents “Wat Antwëren” (what to answer), by Planning Familial
- Tue. 09/02 @ 17:30: Online Afterwork 5G / IoT, by CLUSIL & LIST
- Tue. 09/02: "Making a video with iMovie" activity for young people at the Marienthal, by SNJ
- Tue. 23/02 @ 10:00: "Alles Informatioun oder wat ?" (all the information or what?) online training course for formal and non-formal education players, by the Zentrum fir Politesch Bildung