Luxembourg's Ministry of Health has announced that the second COVID-19 vaccination centre in Luxembourg will open on Monday 15 February 2021 in Esch-Belval, at the Maison des Matériaux / Bâtiment Nord (30 Avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux, L-4365 Esch-sur-Alzette).
The procedures and opening hours are the same as for the Vaccination Centre at the Hall Victor Hugo in Luxembourg-Limpertsberg. Invitations to participate in the immunisation campaign are posted to individuals at each successive phase of the vaccination plan deployment.
In the vaccination centre, the process for those to be vaccinated comprises five stages, namely:
• reception: the person arrives at the vaccination centre and their appointment is checked by security personnel;
• registration: the person goes to registration, which is carried out by agents of the Customs and Excise Administration, the Grand Ducal Fire and Rescue Corps and the Army. From the bar code on the invitation or their social security card, the corresponding patient file is created;
• waiting: the person is directed to the waiting area where the flow of people is managed by municipal officers who invite them to join a vaccination queue;
• vaccination: the person has a short meeting with a doctor who completes the vaccination questionnaire and who agrees to the vaccination. He/she prints the vaccination certificate and sends it to the nurse who administers the vaccine;
• rest/recovery: the person can go to a rest area after vaccination. The area is monitored by rescuers from the Grand Ducal Fire and Rescue Corps.
For further information, see www.covidvaccination.lu.