Luxembourg's Ministry of Culture has announced its decision to commission nine musical compositions by Luxembourgish and / or resident composers for the 2021-22 season.
Following a call for applications, launched by the ministry on 18 March 2021, 23 composers submitted an application. Each composer was free to indicate the ensemble(s) for which he / she would like to compose a musical work lasting at least eight minutes.
The nine partner ensembles and orchestras of the project evaluated the requests addressed to them and selected the following composers:
- Marc Desorbay for the Luxembourg Military Band;
- Marco Pütz for the Luxembourg Wind Orchestra (LWO);
- Gilles Noesen for the Orchestre National de Jazz Luxembourg (ONJL);
- Caroline Mirkes for ARS Nova Lux;
- Olivier Dartevelle for Solistes Européens Luxembourg (SEL);
- Gast Waltzing for United Instruments of Lucilin;
- Nik Bohnenberger for Kammerata Luxembourg;
- David Ascani for Orchestre de Chambre de Luxembourg (OCL);
- Luc Grethen for Orchestre Philharmonique du Luxembourg (OPL).
The commissioned works will receive a total of €60,000 (excluding VAT), divided among the various partner ensembles and orchestras.