Luxembourg's Public Transport Administration has announced changes in the public transport as part of the National Day celebrations and related events on Wednesday 22 and Thursday 23 June 2022.
On the eve of the national holiday on Wednesday, special services will be put in place to ensure night mobility. Following changes are undertaken according to the different operators:
Regional buses (RGTR)
Starting from approximately 17:00 on 22 June 2022 until 02:00 on 23 June 2022, the following RGTR lines will undergo a schedule and route change: 122, 150, 160, 184, 202, 203, 205, 207, 212, 215, 223, 229, 260, 305, 321, 325, 330, 410, 487, 496, 611 and 750.
Special bus will ferry on the Wednesday night until Thursday morning on the RGTR lines listed below: 100, 120, 130, 144, 150, 160, 163, 175, 192, 194, 195, 205, 215, 240, 248, 255, 260, 290, 461 and 590.
On 23 June, the RGTR lines will run according to the public holiday schedule on regular routes.
City Bus Service (Service Autobus de la Ville - AVL)
On 22 June, from approximately 18:00, due to the blocking of the connection between the Luxembourg-gare district and the city centre (Viaduct and Adolphe bridge), all AVL lines will be diverted between the central station and the city centre in both directions via Rue de Hollerich and Route d'Esch. Some stops will not be serviced. At the beginning of the Wednesday evening, before the events, the timetable for certain lines (in particular 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 14 and 30) will be reinforced, in particular additional buses. With the exception of lines 6, 16 and 18, bus circulation will be interrupted between approximately 22:30 and 23:30. After the fireworks, special buses will be scheduled between around 23:30 and 03:30 on most AVL lines from the city centre. The timetables for these special buses are available on the website of the City of Luxembourg (Ville de Luxembourg - VdL) via: www.nationalfeierdag.vdl.lu or via www.mobiliteit.lu.
Park and Ride (P+R)
The City of Luxembourg recommended visitors traveling by car to take advantage of the park and ride facilities, where buses will leave every five to ten minutes between approximately 18:00 and 22:30.
- P+R Bouillon (line 37) to the city centre;
- P+R Bouillon (line 20) to the central station;
- P+R Howald, Lux-Sud (Customs Centre) to the central station and the city centre (line 39);
- New P+R Kockelscheuer Patinoire and P+R Stade de Luxembourg to the city centre (line 18).
Departures from the city centre to the P+R centres will take place after the fireworks from the following stops:
- Line 37 towards P+R Bouillon: Monterey platform 5 (temporary stop along the municipal park);
- Line 20 towards P+R Bouillon: central station platform 105;
- Line 39 towards central station and P+R Howald, Lux-Sud: Hamilius platform 2;
- Line 18 towards P+R Stade de Luxembourg and P+R Kockelscheuer (direct line, without serving the central station): Hamilius platform 2.
The last departure for each of these lines will be at 03:30.
On Thursday 23 June 2022, AVL lines will run according to the public holiday timetable on regular routes, except between approximately 15:00 and 17:30, when all lines running between the Luxembourg-gare district and the city centre will be diverted in both directions by the Rue de Hollerich and the Route d'Esch. Some stops will not be serviced.
The City of Luxembourg provides users with the following means to obtain more information:
- Website: nationalfeierdag.vdl.lu.
- Mobile app: city-app
- Counter: Infobus (Cercle Cité building, Place d'Armes, Monday to Saturday, 08:00 to 18:00; tel.: 4796 2975)
On 22 June 2022, the tram services will run on an extended schedule between the Luxexpo stop and the central station stop at a minimum frequency of ten minutes:
- 03:00, 23 June: last departure from the Luxexpo stop towards the central station stop;
- 03:28, 23 June: last departure from the central station stop towards the Luxexpo stop.
Due to the fireworks on the Adolphe Bridge and its preparations, tram traffic will be suspended from 19:00 to 00:20 on the Hamilius – central station section. A substitute service by bus (line 39) will provide the connection between the Hamilius and central station stops.
On 23 June, the tram services will resume according to the public holiday schedule. As part of the military parade in the Avenue de la Liberté, tram traffic will be suspended on the Hamilius – central station section between approximately 11:00 and 13:15, the tram will only run on the Luxexpo – Hamilius section and back. A substitute service by bus (lines 4, 13, 18 and 39) will provide the connection between the Hamilius and central station stops. In addition, tram traffic will be suspended on the Place de Metz – central station section between 22:20 and 00:05 due to the dismantling of the official stand. A substitute bus service (lines 4, 13, 18) will provide the link.
TICE buses (network serving Esch-sur-Alzette and neighbouring municipalities)
Due to National Day festivities in various municipalities in the south of the country, some streets will be closed from 09:00 on 22 June until 01:00 on 23 June. The following TICE lines will undergo a timetable and route change: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 17. The TICE night buses will also run in the evening from 22 to 23 June. The timetables for these courses are available on the TICE website via: www.tice.lu or via: www.mobiliteit.lu.
On 23 June, the TICE lines will run according to the public holiday timetable on the usual routes.
National railway company (CFL)
On the night between 22 and 23 June, special trains will ferry on the following routes:
- Line 10, departure from central station to Troisvierges at 01:10 and 03:35;
- Line 30, departure from central station to Wasserbillig at 01:15 and 03:15;
- Line 50, departure from central station to Kleinbettingen at 01:15 and 03:00;
- Line 60, departure from central station to Esch-sur-Alzette at 00:02, 01:18 and 03:18;
- Line 60A, departure from central station to Dudelange at 00:44 and 02:44;
- Line 70, departure from central station to Rodange via Dippach at 01:40 and 03:40.
On Thursday, CFL trains will run according to the public holiday timetable.
Some Nightlife and Late Night Buses will run overnight from 22 to 23 June. The list of buses concerned is available on www.mobiliteit.lu.
Adapto (transport service for disabled persons)
The transport service for people with reduced mobility will exceptionally run until midnight on 22 June 2022.
For any additional questions, the mobility advisors of the "Mobiliteit.lu" call centre are available via tel.: 2465 2465 from Monday to Friday between 07:00 and 19:00, as well as on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between 09:00 and 16:30.