The City of Luxembourg has announced traffic adaptations for this Tuesday and Saturday in Luxembourg City in the context of the Skoda Tour de Luxembourg cycling race.
The Skoda Tour de Luxembourg will start this year on Tuesday 15 September. The actual start is scheduled at Dommeldange near the Parc Hotel Alvisse (N11) and a fictitious start with presentation of the riders will take place on the forecourt of the Coque (Rue Léon Hengen) at 11:00. The route will then pass through Boulevard Konrad Adenauer, Boulevard Prince Charles, Rue du Kirchberg, Rue Munchen-Tesch and Route Echternach, where cyclists will leave the city in the direction of Waldhaff. At the arrival of this first stage, cyclists will enter the city via the Schaffner roundabout (Irrgarten), the N2A, Rue Cents, the N1C (Kalchesbréck), Rue de Neudorf, Rue de Clausen, Allée Pierre de Mansfeld, Rue Jules Wilhelm, the Milliounewee and Rue du Fort Thüngen. The arrival is scheduled between 14:10 and 14:40 at the Hemicycle in Rue du Fort Thüngen.
Rue du Fort Thüngen will be closed to all traffic between 08:00 and 18:00 (as needed). Rue Malakoff, Rue Jules Wilhelm and the Milliounewee will be closed to traffic between 13:00 and 15:00 (as needed). Similarly, parking will be prohibited from 06:00 to 18:00 in Rue Erasme, between Rue Léon Hengen and Avenue JF Kennedy, in Avenue JF Kennedy between Rue Galileo Galilei and Rue des Coquelicots (city exit) and in Rue du Fort Thüngen. The municipal bus service will not undergo any changes. However, occasional delays may occur.
On Saturday 19 September 2020, the final stage of the Tour will take place between 14:00 and 14:45 in Avenue Victor Hugo in Luxembourg-Limpertsberg. Cyclists will enter the city via Route d'Echternach, Rue Auguste Laval, Côte d'Eich and Rue des Glacis and will then cycle along Avenue Victor Hugo, Rue Michel Lentz, Rue Evrard Ketten, Avenue de la Faïencerie, Rue du Rollingergrund, Rue Albert Unden, Avenue du Bois, Rue des Glacis and Avenue Victor Hugo. The arrival is scheduled for Place Laurent in Avenue Victor Hugo.
Avenue Victor Hugo and Rue Henri VII will be closed to all traffic between 09:00 and 17:00 and parking will be prohibited from 06:00 to 20:00. Parking in the car park in front of the Victor Hugo cultural centre will be prohibited from 12:00 on 18 September until 20:00 on 19 September 2020. The circuit used by the runners will remain closed to all traffic from 13:30 to 15:00 and parking will be prohibited along the route at the places indicated from 11:00 to 15:00.
The runners will be supervised by the Grand Ducal Police.
The municipal bus service will be changed as follows:
- Between 08:00 and 13:30 and between 15:00 and 17:00 approximately: Line 2, in the direction of Hamilius towards Limpertsberg, will be diverted after the Theater Quai 1 stop via Avenue du Bois, Rue Frantz Seimetz, Avenue Joseph Sax and Rue Nicolas Liez towards the Lycée Michel Lucius Platform 1 terminus. The Lycée des Garçons, Alen Tramsschapp, Square André Quai 1, Waassertuerm Quai 2, Avenir and Siggy vu Lëtzebuerg stops will not be served and will be replaced by the Guillaume Schneider, Bous, Wassertuerm Quai 1 and Square André Quai 2 stops. In the direction of Limpertsberg towards Hamilius, the line will be diverted after the Lycée Michel Lucius Quai 101 terminus via Avenue Pasteur and Allée Scheffer towards the Theater Quai 2 stop. The Avenir, Waassertuerm Quai 1, Square André Quai 2, Alen Tramsschapp and Lycée des Garçons stops will not be served and will be replaced by the N.S. Pierret, Alfred de Musset and Allée Scheffer stops.
- Between 13:30 and 15:00 approximately: Lines 2 and 30 will not serve Limpertsberg. The Lycée des Garçons, Alen Tramsschapp, Square André, Waassertuerm, Avenir, Siggy vu Lëtzebuerg, Lycée Michel Lucius, Faïencerie / INL, Henri VII, Ermesinde, Uni-Campus Limpertsberg and Batty Weber stops will not be served; Line 21 will not serve part of the Rollingergrund / Belair-Nord district, as well as the Muhlenbach and Eich districts. It will be diverted after the Val Fleuri stop via Val Saint André, Rue Alexandre Fleming, Rue Thomas Edison to a temporary terminus in Rue des Primeurs. The Val St André, Roudebierg, Villeroy & Boch, Peiffeschbierg, Siwemuergen, Eecher Schmelz, Eecherplaz and Eich Centre Culturel stops will not be served and will be replaced by a provisional stop at 8-6 Val St André and the Strassen Primeurs stop.
Moreover, all drone activity is banned in the context of the race on the following dates and in the following airspaces:
- On 15 September in the “Luxembourg-Luxembourg” airspace;
- On 16 September in the "Remich-Hesperange" airspace;
- On 17 September in the "Rosport-Schifflange" airspace;
- On 18 September in the “Rodange-Differdange” airspace;
- On 19 September in the “Mersch-Luxembourg” airspace.
Maps of prohibited airspaces are available on http://data.legilux.public.lu/eli/etat/leg/rmin/2020/09/08/a761/jo.