Traffic disruptions are expected this weekend due to preparations for the next phase of infrastructure works in Place D'Argent in Luxembourg-Ville.
These road works will involve the following traffic adjustments between 06:30 on Saturday 6 July and 18:00 on Sunday 7 July 2019:
• Rue Munchen-Tesch will be a one-way street from Rue Auguste Laval in the direction of and until Rue Stavelot;
• Rue Stavelot will be a one-way street from Munchen-Tesch in the direction of and until Rue des Tanneurs;
• Rue de Kirchberg, Boulevard Prince Charles and Rue Munschen-Tesch will be closed to lorries weighing more than 3.5 tonnes in the direction of Kirchberg-Eich.
With regards public transport, the following changes will be put in place:
• From Kirchberg, line 8 will have a temporary terminus at Weimerskirch-Duerf. The stops Lavals Park and Eich, centre culturel will not be served;
• Towards the city centre, line 12 will be diverted between Van der Meulen Quai 2 and Eecherplaz Quai 3 via the N11 (Dommeldange bypass). The stops Biechelchen, Tommys Bruch, Knupp and Lavals Park will not be served but will be replaced by the stop Dommeldange, Contournement.
In addition, infrastructure works at Place D'Argent and in Rue d'Eich, Rue de Mühlenbach, Rue Auguste Laval and Rue Munchen-Tesch Mühlenbach will continue during the collective summer holidays.
As part of this work, the following adaptations will apply to traffic:
• From 14 July to the end of December 2019, Rue d'Eich will be a one-way street in the direction of the city centre, between Montée Pilate and Rue Auguste Laval;
• From 28 July to 15 September 2019, Rue Munchen-Tesch will be a one-way street in the direction of Kirchberg, between Rue Auguste Laval and Rue Stavelot.
Regarding public transport during this period, lines 10 and 11 of municipal buses to Beggen and Steinsel will be diverted from the Eecherplaz stop via Rue Auguste Laval, Rue Munchen-Tesch and Rue Raspert Street. The Eecher Klinik stop will not be served, instead replaced by a temporary stop at house number 8 on Rue de Beggen. Due to traffic adaptations, delays will be possible, particularly on bus routes 10, 11, 12, 21 and 23. These changes apply to the period from 14 July to the end of December 2019.
Signs will be put in place illustrating these changes.