still from Flatland;
Credit: Film Fund Luxembourg
The Berlinale film festival taking place in Berlin, Germany, starting today and running until 17 February, will see the World Premiers of two Luxembourg co-productions, Temblores by Jayro Bustamante (Iris Productions) and Flatland by Jenna Bass (Deal Productions).
Temblores by Jayro Bustamante (Iris Productions): The coming out of an evangelical father shatters his family, his community and uncovers a profoundly repressive society.
Flatland by Jenna Bass (Deal Productions): The world of lonely, middle-age policewoman Beauty Cuba changes forever when she receives a call for help from Billy, the lost love of her life who has recently been re-arrested for murder....
Both co-productions are selected in the "Panorama" section
In addition, for EFM attendees, "made in Luxembourg" market screenings will include Sawah, Superchamp Returns, Zero Impunity, Flatland, Temblores, Never Grow Old, My Grandpa is an Alien, and The Beast in the Jungle.
Other international film festivals happening this month include the New York International Children's Film Festival (22 Feb - 17 Mar 2019), in which Pachamama by Juan Antin (Doghouse Films) will be screened.
Also, next month, Cartoon Movie in Bordeaux (5-7 March 2019) will screen:
- Fritzi - A revolutionary Tale by M. Bruhn & R. Kulula (Doghouse Films)
- Balaya - A magical Adventure by A. Järvine & F. Milella (Fabrique d'Images)
- Henrietta by D. Riepenheusen & Ch. Bakhti (Fabrique d'Images)
- Ghostdance by K. O'bomsawin, N. Blies & St. Hueber-Blies (a_Bahn)
- Where is Anne Frank by Ari Folman (Samsa Film & Doghouse Films)