The City of Luxembourg has announced that, as part of the Luxtram project, works will be carried out on Boulevard Royal and Pont Adolphe in Luxembourg City from 20 to 23 October 2020; these works will impact traffic and public transport.
Between 22:00 on Tuesday 20 October and 05:00 on Wednesday 21 October 2020, the following changes to traffic will apply:
- Boulevard Royal will be closed to all traffic between Avenue Émile Reuter and Avenue Marie-Thérèse;
- Pont Adolphe will be closed to all traffic between Avenue Marie-Thérèse and Boulevard de la Pétrusse.
Avenue Marie-Thérèse will remain open in both directions.
In addition, the following changes will apply to public transport:
- The Hamilius quai 1 stop will be moved temporarily from Boulevard Royal to the Amélie stop, located on Boulevard Prince Henri (at the corner of Avenue Amélie). This impacts the following lines in the direction of Limpertsberg, Kirchberg, Eich and Clausen: 1, 2/4, 3/30, 9, 10/11, 14, 16 and 18.
- The combined stop Hamilius quai 2 / Royal quai 2 of lines 1, 2/4, 3/30, 9, 10/11, 14, 16 and 18 as well as lines RGTR 120, 144, 172, 192, 194, 195 and 800 in the direction of the Gare district, located on Boulevard Royal (upstream from Avenue Émile Reuter), will be removed and replaced by a temporary stop in Boulevard Royal, between Avenue Monterey and Place de Bruxelles.
- The Monterey stop on quai 2 of lines 5/6, 13, 15, 21, 22, 28 and 31 headed towards the western districts of the city will be removed and replaced by a temporary stop located in Avenue Monterey, between Boulevard Prince Henri and the Monterey-Parc stop on the RGTR lines.
Between 22:00 on Wednesday 21 October and 05:00 on Thursday 22 October 2020, renewal of the wearing course will take place on Boulevard Royal, which will be closed to all traffic between Avenue Émile Reuter and Avenue Marie- Thérèse during this period. The changes listed above will also apply to public transport during this work phase.
Between 22:00 on Thursday 22 October and 05:00 on Friday 23 October 2020, renewal of the wearing course will take place on Pont Adolphe, which will be closed to all traffic between Avenue Marie-Thérèse and Boulevard de la Pétrusse during this period. No changes to public transport are planned during this work phase.
The Traffic Department of the City of Luxembourg will ensure that appropriate signage is put in place.