On Thursday 2 November 2023, Eaglestone Luxembourg announced that Raphaël van der Vleugel would take over as CEO from Eric Dothée.
Eaglestone Luxembourg and Eric Dothée have announced the end of their collaboration, with the latter's departure at the end of this year. Until then, Eric is set to deliver three flagship projects for the real estate developer: Prism, the Arc and Prince.
At the same time, management announced the upcoming arrival of Raphaël van der Vleugel as new CEO for the group's Luxembourg division. A civil engineer by training, Raphaël brings with him more than 20 years of experience in the real estate field, notably through his previous roles as director for developers such as Codic and Atenor Luxembourg.
As reported by Eaglestone Luxembourg, Raphaël played a key role in several projects in Luxembourg, such as Perspectiv' in Esch-sur-Alzette, the future PwC headquarters at Cloche d'Or and Royal-Hamilius in Luxembourg-Ville. His extensive professional experience and in-depth knowledge of the Luxembourg market is expected to be of "great added value" to the management of the Eaglestone Luxembourg team.
Raphaël van der Vleugel will be responsible for developing and supervising the current portfolio, i.e. eight projects for a volume of more than 47,000 m². These projects include, among others:
- Brooklyn in Luxembourg-Bonnevoie: a mixed project (residential, commerce and office) of more than 15,000 m². Building permits have been obtained and the site is under construction. Delivery of the first phase is set for the third quarter of 2025;
- The Nest at Cloche d'Or: 8,500m² office project and 2,000m² of services. Permit obtention is in progress and delivery is planned for the second quarter of 2026;
- The Bridge in Luxembourg-Bonnevoie: a 4,200m² office project. This was the first building to benefit from "Carbon Footprint Neutral" certification in Luxembourg, noted Eaglestone Luxembourg. Delivery is set for 2025;
- Upperside in Luxembourg-Kirchberg: a high-end residential project. Permit obtention is in progress. Works are set to start in 2024, with delivery expected in 2026;
- Berchem: 5,200 m² project under development, aimed at helping to expand the region.
Eaglestone expressed its "full confidence" in the managerial abilities of Raphaël van der Vleugel and his ability to successfully carry out these strategic projects.
Nicolas Orts and Gaétan Clermont, co-CEOs of Eaglestone Goup, thanked outgoing Eaglestone Luxembourg CEO Eric Dothée for his contribution to the company and expressed confidence that the transition would go smoothly. They added that they believed that Raphaël van der Vleugel would provide a "promising vision" for the future of Eaglestone in Luxembourg.