The consulting firm Deloitte has announced the appointment of nineteen new Partners and Managing Directors with effect from 1 June 2021.
With these appointments, the firm now has 138 Partners and Managing Directors engaged in excellence on the marketplace and the leadership of the firm’s over 2,200 professionals. An additional nineteen professionals were promoted recently to the rank of Director.
John Psaila, CEO and Managing Partner at Deloitte Luxembourg, commented: “The post-pandemic world that awaits requires being equipped with the best talent to seize the opportunities ahead. Our confidence in the unique strength of our firm and its partnership is reinforced today with the appointments of fifteen of our brilliant professionals to Partner or Managing Director and the external recruitment of four additional Partners. I am convinced that together we will reach new heights, continuing to serve our clients with the distinctive quality that makes our firm unique".
- Edouard Authamayou (Tax) joined Deloitte Luxembourg’s Cross-Border Tax department in 2012. As part of the International Core of Excellence at Deloitte’s New York office, he specialises in providing Luxembourg tax advice to US multinationals, including Luxembourg’s corporate tax environment, the impact of domestic BEPS measures such as interest limitation and anti-hybrid measures and the interaction with US tax reforms. He is admitted to the New York and French bars.
- François Bade (Advisory & Consulting) joined Deloitte Luxembourg’s Strategy Regulatory and Corporate Finance department in 2017 and is involved in Deloitte Digital and its various offerings. He is also an active member of the Human Capital team. With more than 20 years’ experience in the banking sector, he specialises in distribution strategy, design and deployment, optimization of customer delivery, change management, innovation and digitalisation.
- Florence Buron (Advisory & Consulting) joined Deloitte Luxembourg in 2017 and has more than 20 years’ experience in the financial sector in banking, asset management and life insurance sectors in Belgium and Luxembourg. During her career, Ms Buron has had the opportunity to lead large implementation programmes in relation to fund administration, regulatory reporting and investment compliance. She is involved in regulatory topics such as PRIIPs, MIFID, IDD and all Luxembourg regulations related to the management of unit-linked products, but also ESG-related topics such as the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) and Taxonomy of new reporting obligations.
- Laura Delpey (Audit & Assurance) joined Deloitte Luxembourg in 2009. She is a Luxembourg Réviseur d’entreprises and has successfully carried out several international audit assignments serving the alternative investments industry as a whole with a focus on Real Estate. She has also been very active in leading technology and automation projects for the alternative investments audits.
- Dinko Dinev (Tax) joined the firm’s Cross-Border Tax - Transfer Pricing department in 2015. He specialises in intra-group financial transactions for clients in the alternative investment industry, as well as large US and European multinationals. For more than fifteen years, he has helped clients solve complex cross-border tax issues and successfully implemented transfer pricing solutions for a wide range of intra-group arrangements.
- Maël Garo (Audit & Assurance) started his career with Deloitte as a junior in 2009. He is a Luxembourg Réviseur d’entreprises specialised in the audit of consolidated financial statements under IFRS, including public interest entities. He also has experience in the audit of PERE structures and commercial companies.
- Bogdan Gordiichuk (Audit & Assurance) joined Deloitte in 2008 and has thirteen years’ of professional experience, focusing on complex group audits of companies, including large public groups. He is experienced in Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP financial statements. Mr Gordiichuk has extensive practice in the real estate sector and Luxembourg private equity market and significant historical experience in manufacturing and commercial companies. He is a fellow of the UK Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
- Nicolas Griedlich (Advisory & Consulting) joined the firm in 2008 and has more than twelve years’ experience in the financial services industry. He specialises in information management and analytics projects that add value to a wide array of Luxembourg and European clients and institutions. He also has extensive knowledge of business intelligence, systems integration, data governance and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Baptiste Guionnet (Advisory & Consulting) joined Deloitte in 2016 after a fifteen-year career in the banking and investment management industry. He is a CFA Charterholder, specialist in corporate finance, advising executives about strategy, product / service development, FP&A and Finance-Business Partnering, operational finance, ALM & Treasury, target operating model design and post-merger integration programmes, among others.
- Bjoern Herberger (Tax) joined Deloitte Luxembourg in 2019 and has more than sixteen years’ experience in the financial and non-financial services industries in Europe and Australia. He works with the Corporate and Accounting Services team focusing on RE clients and is an active member of the German Business Community. Mr Herberger is also part of the EMEA Center of Excellence for RE Funds. He is a Luxembourg Expert Comptable and a holds the Australian CPA qualification.
- Francesca Messini (Advisory & Consulting) joined Deloitte in 2012 and specialises in strategy and regulatory advisory and acquisition projects. She has an extensive regulatory and operational background and robust experience in financial institution set up, business transformation, acquisition transformation and regulations. As part of her role, Ms Messini leads the firm’s sustainability practice and supports clients regarding ESG and sustainable finance regulations and strategies. She is also a board member of LHoFT and leads the Luxembourg Chinese Service Group for the financial services industry.
- Sandrine Muller (Audit & Assurance) joined Deloitte in 2007 and has over thirteen years’ experience in the financial services industry in Luxembourg and the UK. She is a Luxembourg Réviseur d’entreprises and is specialised in the audit of both regulated and unregulated Private Equity structures. She has broad experience with the accounting and reporting framework requirements of companies adopting Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP.
- Anne Ricci (Audit & Assurance) joined the firm in 2007 and has over fourteen years’ experience in the audit of investment funds, management companies and other professional entities of the financial sector in Luxembourg. She is a subject matter expert for regulatory topics for the Investment Management Industry.
New Managing Directors
- Anna-Marie Kramer (Audit & Assurance) joined Deloitte Luxembourg in 2002. After an initial six years working as Audit Manager serving the fund industry, she joined the Audit Quality team in 2008. Since 2019, she has been NPPD Deputy for Audit Quality. Ms Kramer is a Chartered Accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) and has 25 years of experience in auditing entities from a wide variety of industries including IM, PERE and securitisation.
- Christophe Vallet (Advisory & Consulting) joined Deloitte Luxembourg in 2006. With more than 20 years’ professional experience, he has strong expertise in digital technologies and enterprise application (SAP, ERP and HRIS) driven by strategic business transformation and organizational changes. He serves clients in the public sector, financial services, telecommunication and manufacturing industries. He is ITIL, Prince 2 and SafeAgile certified.
Partners who recently joined the firm (since January 2021)
- Christine Casanova (Tax) has more than 20 years’ experience in Luxembourg and international tax. She is bringing her knowledge of the complex tax landscape to Deloitte Luxembourg's Tax Technical Cell while accelerating the development of the firm's services to its clients, with a particular focus on the alternative investment industry.
- Pascal Denis (Advisory & Consulting) has been appointed Growth & Strategy Leader at the firm, where he will be advising the Executive Committee on the definition and delivery of strategic growth initiatives on the marketplace. He brings his extensive professional experience in advising clients in banking and investment management and is an eminent voice in the technology and Fintech sectors.
- Nicolas Marinier (Advisory & Consulting) joined the firm’s Advisory & Consulting practice within the Forensic and Financial Crime team. He brings more than thirteen years’ working experience acquired in Luxembourg and Singapore in the private banking sector and has developed a specific focus on Russia and CIS core clientele segments. He is CAMS certified and holds a certificate in AML obtained from the International Compliance Association.
- Nicolas Xanthopoulos (Advisory & Consulting) joined the firm’s Advisory & Consulting practice within its Advisory – Investment Management – Operation Transformation team. He brings over 20 years of professional experience in the fund industry, asset management and consulting.