The Luxembourg-Poland Chamber of Commerce (LPCC) has announced that applications are now open for its ninth annual Entrepreneurial Woman Project (EWP), the only English-language project of its kind in the Grand Duchy.
This project consists of a series of workshops (in English) starting on Saturday 24 September 2022 and on the six following Saturdays, ending with a graduation event. The aim of the initiative is to help business-oriented women in Luxembourg and the Greater Region understand both legislative and practical business issues, essential to starting a business activity in the Grand Duchy.
The EWP propels women entrepreneurs into economic and social spheres. It is designed to guide them through all the administrative and legal tasks involved with setting up a company in Luxembourg. The series of workshops is a unique opportunity, not only to learn from experts, but also to connect and inspire one another. It enables participants to:
- Review their business plan
- Improve their professional skills with highly regarded trainers from international advisory and legal firms
- Broaden their business appeal and customer base
- Meet and hear from other small business owners in Luxembourg and EWP alumnae
- Expand their professional network.
Sixteen professional trainers from different business and law sectors will cover topics including:
- Generating and assessing business ideas
- Developing creative problem-solving skills required in entrepreneurial businesses
- Creating a business model canvas and business plan
- Analysing market opportunities
- Developing a business model and competitive strategy
- Obtaining a business licence in Luxembourg
- Raising money from venture investors
- Making a professional investor presentation
- Recognising the business entities in Luxembourg
- Fulfilling tax obligations
- Establishing a successful business network in Luxembourg
Over 100 creative and ambitious women apply to take part in the project each year. To provide the optimal learning experience, the LPCC selects up to 30 participants for each edition (in 2020, this number was limited to sixteen due to COVID-19 restrictions). Between three and seven new businesses are launched in Luxembourg each year as a direct or indirect result of the project.
The total participant cost of joining the project is €250 for LPCC members and €295 for non-members. All participants are offered a free private membership at the LPCC for a full year.
Registrations are also open for an Orientation Meeting, to know more about this project, and meet and greet the participants of previous editions, taking place on 28 June 2022 at 18:30 at the Odgers Berndtson (4 Rue Heinrich Heine, 1720 Luxembourg). Further information is available online via: https://www.lpcc.lu/flagship-events/entrepreneurial-woman-project/.