Luxembourg non-profit Women in Digital Empowerment (WIDE) has announced a series of events aimed at supporting female entrepreneurship.
In the context of economic recovery and with the aim of actively supporting women wishing to create a business, particularly in the technology and digital fields, WIDE is offering a series of activities to encourage more women to get started.
"We have [...] seen a drop in the number of creation projects since the start of the pandemic. It is essential that women take advantage of the recovery context to relaunch on business creation with a sustainable perspective. We are waiting for Luxembourg's future tech nuggets!", explained Marina Andrieu, co-founder and director of WIDE.
This Friday marks the start of the "Entrepreneurship Talks", a series of webinars to share WIDE's experience in the field as well as those of other entrepreneurs.
The non-profit is also organising a “Move it forward+” hackathon next month to stimulate co-creation.
- 15 October: Entrepreneurship Talk n° 1 - "Entrepreneurship 101" with Marina Andrieu (online)
- 29 October: Entrepreneurship Talk n° 2 - "From Branding to Marketing" with Giulia Iannucci, founder of KnowThyBrand (online)
- 12 November: Entrepreneurship Talk n° 3 - "Introduction to UX Design" with Stéphanie Walter, Lead UX at Maltem Luxembourg (online)
- 13 November: Move It Forward+ Hackathon at Technoport SA in Esch-Belval
- 26 November: Entrepreneurship Talk n° 4 - "Tech Entrepreneurship 101" with Marina Andrieu (online)
Finally, the traditional Women Founders event is returning at the end of November. Further details to follow.
These activities are offered free of charge and supported by Luxembourg's Ministry of Equality between Women and Men, the Ministry of the Economy and Digital Luxembourg, as well as the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission.