On Monday 31 July 2023, Film Fund Luxembourg confirmed that a total of 18 projects will be financially supported in the 3rd session of the selection committe this year.
The selection committee analysed no less than 24 projects in this session, of which 18 film projects are to receive €8.122 million financial support from the Film Fund.
In production, two projects are to be supported by Luxembourg directors:
- The short film "First Day" by Gintaré Parulyté.
- The VR project "Ceci est mon cœur" by Nicolas Blies & Stephan Hueber-Blies
In total, seven feature films, one animated film, four documentaries, two tv series, one short film and three VR projects are to be financially supported.
- L’armoire, written/directed by Laura Schroeder for Red Lion (€90,000)
- Ducks, co-written/directed by Neary Hay and co-writer Romy Coccia di Ferro for Paul Thiltges Distributions (€30,000)
- Dead Dad Girl, directed by Bérangère McNeese and written by Alexia Verbeke, for Samsa Film (€30,000)
- Arvil, the little falcon, co-written/directed by Marco Serafini and co-writer Vince Villani, for Cinetel (€60,000)
- Biographie d’un artiste éternel, written/directed by Jossy Mayor, for Rishon Films (€45,000)
- Radio Luxembourg, written/directed by Dominique Santana, for Samsa Film (€120,000)
- Villa Louvigny, written/directed by Grégory Goethals, for Louvigny Media (€45,000)
- Lazarus, written by Bernard Michaux, Thierry Faber, Philip von Leipzig, Elisabet Johannesdottir, Bianca Jaeger Montobbio and directed by Max Jacoby, Stephen Korytko, for Samsa Film (€30,000)
- Tachychromie, co-written/directed by Gwenael François and co-written by Jonathan Becker, for Skill Lab (€75,000)
- Out of This World (comedy drama), co-written/directed by Marc de Cloe and co-written by Barbara Jurgens, for Tarantula Luxembourg (€980,000 out of a total budget of €2,825,261), a co-production with The Netherlands
- L'Habit du Héros (drama), directed by Léa Pool and written by Michel Marc Bouchard, for Iris Prodcutions (€1,500,000 out of a total budget of €5,002,028), a co-production with Canada
- Les Petits Voleurs (drama), co-written/directed by Joachim Lafosse and co-written by Chloé Duponchelle & Pablo Guarise, for Samsa Film (€1,050,000 out of a total budget of €4,318,980), a co-production with Belgium and France
- Grand Ciel (drama), co-written and directed by Akihiro Hata and co-written by Jérémie Dubois & Camille Lugan, for Les Films Fauves (€1,280,000 out of a total budget of €3,618,092), a co-production with France
- Femmes pirates, written/co-directed by Laurence Thiriat and co-directed by Frederic Malegue and co-written by Eric Manu, for Amour Fou Luxembourg (€220,000 out of a total budget of €758,073), a co-production with France
- The Deal (thriller), co-written/directed by Jean-Stéphane Bron, co-written by Alice Winocour, for Bidibul Productions (€1,500,000 out of a total budget of €11,331,209), a co-production with France and Switzerland
- First Day (comedy drama), written/directed by Gintaré Parulyte, for Red Lion (€44,000 out of a total budgte of €143,600), a co-production with Lithuania and Finland
- Ceci est mon cœur, co-written/co-directed by Stéphane Hueber-Blies & Nicolas Blies, for a_Bahn (€933,000 out of a total budget of €1,866,281), a co-production with Canada and France
- Mono No Aware, written/directed by Boris Labbé, for Les Films Fauves (€150,000 out of a total budget of €437.838), a co-production with France
The selection committee meets four times a year; the next session will take place in November 2023.