The Oscars (Academy Awards) may have been presented last night in Hollywood; here in the Grand Duchy, the 13th annual Luxembourg City Film Festival came to a close, with the Awards on Saturday 11 March at Kinepolis-Kirchberg.
The winners were as follows:
- GRAND PRIX - BY ORANGE: I HAVE ELECTRIC DREAMS (BE, FR, CR) by Valentina Maurel
- DOCUMENTARY AWARD – BY BGL BNP PARIBAS: DE HUMANI CORPORIS FABRICA (FR, US, CH) by Verena Paravel and Lucien Castaing-Taylor; SPECIAL MENTION: WE STUDENTS! (CF, FR, CD, SA) by Rafiki Fariala
- INTERNATIONAL FILM CRITICS AWARD (FIPRESCI): WORLD WAR III (IR) by Houman Seyyedi
- 2030 AWARD BY LUXEMBOURG AID & DEVELOPMENT: THE KINGS OF THE WORLD (CO, LU, MX, FR, NO) by Laura Mora Ortega
- AUDIENCE AWARD – BY ORANGE: AN CAILIN CIUIN / THE QUIET GIRL (IE) by Colm Bairéad
- YOUNG JURY PRIZE – BY KINEPOLIS: WORLD WAR III (IR) by Houman Seyyedi
- SCHOOL JURY PRIZE: TOTEM (NL, LU, DE) by Sander Burger
- CHILDREN’S JURY PRIZE: TOTEM (NL, LU, DE) by Sander Burger
- BEST IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE AWARD: ALL THAT REMAINS by Craig Quintero; SPECIAL MENTION: CONTAINER by Meghna Singh and Simon Wood
The winning films were screened again at the Cinémathèque on Sunday.