Irish professional road racing cyclist Ben Healy won stage three of this year's Škoda Tour de Luxembourg on Friday 22 September 2023.
The third stage (or the "queen stage") of Luxembourg's premier professional cycling race, which forms part of the UCI Pro Series, took riders north, from Mertert to the Château de Vianden. The stage started 40 minutes later than planned, after a fatal accident involving a lorry on the A1 motorway prevented the teams from arriving at the start on time. The original 168.4 km route was also shortened by about 8 km.
Ben Healy, riding for EF Education-EasyPost, arrived at the finish at the Château de Vianden fifteen seconds ahead of Marc Hirschi (UAE Team Emirates) and eighteen seconds ahead of Dylan Teuns (Israel - Premier Tech). He also took the overall leader's yellow jersey from Søren Kragh Andersen (Alpecin-Deceuninck), who finished the stage in 8th place.
Arthur Kluckers (Tudor Pro Cycling Team) secured the best stage three result among Luxembourgish riders, finishing in 23rd place.
Ben Healy also secured the white jersey for the best young rider in this stage, whilst Luxembourg's Mats Wenzel (Leopard TOGT Pro Cycling) took the black jersey for the best climber and Søren Kragh Andersen took the blue jersey for the best sprinter.
Škoda Tour de Luxembourg will continue with stages four and five on Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September 2023, respectively.
Stage 3 results
1. Ben Healy (Ireland; EF Education-EasyPost), 04:16:33
2. Marc Hirschi (Denmark; UAE Team Emirates), 04:16:48 (+15 gap)
3. Dylan Teuns (Belgium; Israel - Premier Tech), 04:16:51 (+18)
4. Maxim Van Gils (Belgium; Lotto Dstny), 04:17:10 (+37)
1. Ben Healy (Ireland; EF Education-EasyPost), 12:38:34
2. Marc Hirschi (Denmark; UAE Team Emirates), 12:38:53 (+19)
3. Dylan Teuns (Belgium; Israel - Premier Tech), 12:38:58 (+24)
4. Søren Kragh Andersen (Denmark; Alpecin-Deceuninck), 12:39:17 (+43)