- The Shape of Water (fantasy, drama), directed by Guillermo del Toro and starring Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer, Michael Shannon. Synopsis: At a top secret research facility in the 1960s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity. At Kinepolis Kirchberg & Kinepolis Belval.
- Maze Runner: The Death Cure (action adventure), directed by Wes Ball and starring Dylan O'Brien, Ki Hong Lee, Kaya Scodelario. Synopsis: In the epic finale to The Maze Runner Saga, Thomas leads his group of escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet. To save their friends, they must break into the legendary last city, a WCKD controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get the answers to the questions the Gladers have been asking since they first arrived in the maze. Will Thomas and the crew make it out alive? Or will Ava Paige get her way?. At Kinepolis-Belval, Kinepolis-Kirchberg.
Next week, i.e. from Wednesday 7 February 2018, the following films are scheduled for release:
- Early Man (animated adventure), directed by Nick Park and starring (the voices of) Tom Hiddleston, Maisie Williams, Eddie Redmayne. Synopsis: Set at the dawn of time, when prehistoric creatures and woolly mammoths roamed the earth, Early Man tells the story of Dug, along with sidekick Hognob as they unite his tribe against a mighty enemy Lord Nooth and his Bronze Age City to save their home. At Kinepolis-Belval, Kinepolis-Kirchberg.
- Lucky (comedy drama), directed by John Carroll Lynch and starring Harry Dean Stanton, David Lynch, Ron Livingston. Synopsis: Lucky is an old US Navy veteran of rigid habits and attitudes in a small town. When his routine is interrupted by a sudden collapse at home, Lucky finds himself realising that his remarkably healthy old age is going to face an inevitable decline and he has to accept it. In that difficult reassessment, Lucky must face up to what he believes in and how much it compares to his neighbors' priorities. In doing so, Lucky finds that his life has its positive side as he searches for some meaning that he can accept. At Ciné Utopia.
- Thu 1 Feb @ 19:00: Phantom Thread (drama, romance), in the presence of Vicky Krieps. Directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and starring Vicky Krieps, Daniel Day-Lewis, Lesley Manville. Synopsis: Set in 1950's London, Reynolds Woodcock is a renowned dressmaker whose fastidious life is disrupted by a young, strong-willed woman, Alma, who becomes his muse and lover. At Kinepolis-Kirchberg.