The Stëmm vun der Strooss charity in Luxembourg which supports the homeless and vulnerable members of society has launched an appeal for warm clothing as temperatures start to fall.
The charity is preparing for winter and needs help to fill up the warehouses of their Kleederstuff in Hollerich and Esch-sur-Alzette, who are currently lacking warm clothing. The charity would like to meet current needs (immediately) and has called upon all interested individuals and partner companies and donors to join them in collective solidarity for disadvantaged people.
Any collection of clothing or hygiene items is welcome to supplement the Stëmm's purchases. Below is a list of items currently needed for the homeless:
- Clothing and shoes (jumpers, jackets, trousers, blankets, sleeping bags,...)
- Sports bags and backpacks
- Hygiene articles (shower gel, toothbrushes, toothpaste, cotton buds, deodorant, soap, cotton wool, shampoo,...)
Donations can be made by tel: 490260 or by email: email@example.com
Clothing donations can be dropped off from Monday to Friday without an appointment at:
- 7 rue de la Fonderie, L-1531 Luxemburg (from 08:30 to 16:15)
- 32 Grand Rue, L-4132 Esch-sur-Alzette (from 08:30 to 16:15)
- 1 rue du Village, L-7473 Schoenfels (24 hours a day)