The Luxembourg Chronicle, in collaboration with Wiltz Festival, is offering FREE tickets to the performance of Aida at the Wiltz Festival on Sunday 9 July 2015 at 20:45. For details on how to enter, see below.
The 64th annual Wiltz Festival is being held from 1 to 23 July 2016, with most performances being held in the outdoor (covered) amphitheatre in the shadow of the chateau. See www.festivalwiltz.lu for further details including ticketing. Please remember there is a special Wiltz Festival train where ticket holders can get a discount when parking their cars at the Luxembourg-Gare (and other) train stations and taking the train to/from the venue. See www.cfl.lu.
- Fri 1 July @ 20:45: Cinderella (Cendrillon), ballet in 3 acts, performed by The Moscow City Ballet: CAT 1: €60 (students €47); CAT 2: €51 (€40); CAT 3: €33 (€26); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
- Sat 2 July @ 20:45: Swan Lake (which replaces the previously-announced Giselle), ballet in 2 acts, performed by The Moscow City Ballet: €60 (€47); €51 (€40); €33 (€26); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
- Wed 6 July @ 20:45: Jazz Prestige (La Nuit du Jazz), performed by (1) Reis / Demuth / Wiltgen Luxembourgish trio; (2) Sinne Eeg Quartet: €38 (€20); €29 (€22); €20 (€15); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
- Fri 8 July @ 20:45: Un Ballo in Maschera (A Masked Ball), opera in 3 acts, by Giuseppe Verdi (in Italian), performed by The National Opera of Lviv (Ukraine), featuring international soloists, choirs & orchestra: €69 (€54); €60 (€47); €42 (€33); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
- Sat 9 July @ 20:45: AIDA (which replaces the previously-announced double bill of Cavalleria Rusticana & I Pagliacci), Opera by Giuseppe Verdi (in Italian), performed by the Opéra National de Lviv (Lemberg), Ukraine, with international soloists, choirs & orchestra: €77 (€54); €67 (€47); €47 (€33); U12s free (prices excl. postage).
- Fri 15 July @ 20:45: Pink Floyd's The Wall, performed by Atom Heart Mother Rockestra and the children's choir of the Conservatoire de Musique du Nord and 170 artists from Eastern Bavaria: €53 (€41); €44 (€34); €35 (€27); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
- Mon 18 July @ 20:45: Peau de Vache (French theatre), a comedy by Barillet & Grédy, performed by the Theatre Royal des Galeries de Bruxelles: €25 (€25); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
- Fri 22 & Sat 23 July @ 20:45: Chicago (the Broadway Musical), a production by the Brno City Theatre of the Czech Republic (performed in English): €69 (€54); €60 (€47); €42 (€33); U12s free (prices excl. postage)
In addition, another concert is being organised outside the official festival, as follows:
- Fri 29 & Sat 30 July @ 20:45: The Very Best of Queen, featuring Mercury - The Show Must Go On, a Freddie Mercury 25th Anniversary Homage: €62; €52; €32 (prices excl. postage)
To apply for your FREE tickets to see Aida at the Wiltz Festival on 9 July, please send an email to Geoff@Chronicle.lu with “Wiltz: Aida” in the subject line (without the quotation marks), with your name and mobile number in the body of the email. The draw will be made at noon on Tuesday 5 July. Winners will be contacted directly. Winning tickets will be available at the venue on the day.
Winner: Lise Lundqvist