The Automobile Club du Luxembourg (ACL) has announced that it is once again offering free checks as part of the traditional road safety and tyre campaign, taking place from 12 October to 13 November 2020
Like last year, ACL's mechanics will also offer motorists a free battery check. According to ACL statistics, battery-related breakdowns are the most common, especially in winter. Temperatures below 10°C have a negative impact on battery operation because the chemical reaction becomes slower and therefore provides less current. A battery weakness amplifies this difficulty, leading to a breakdown. In addition, accessories like headlights and windshield wipers put extra pressure on the battery in the colder months. Consequently, the ACL is offering on-site battery testing for batteries aged four and over.
The ACL will also offer free tyre tests, not least because tyre control is especially important this season. Dead leaves on the road, rain and falling temperatures pose a danger to motorists if their tyres are not in good condition. The mechanics will check the tyre material, its age, profile and overall state. As a reminder, the law requires a minimum profile depth of 1.6 mm; the ACL has recommended that, for safety reasons, this profile does not go below 4 mm in depth.
Finally, the ACL will test lighting to ensure that all headlights are in working order. The mechanics will also monitor the condition of reflectors and headlights, as well as their position.
These free tests will be carried out from 10:30 to 18:00 at the following sites and on the following dates:
- 12/10, 20/10, 03/11 & 10/11/2020: City Concorde Bertrange
- 15/10/2020: Däichhal Ettelbrück
- 19/10/2020: Cactus Bereldange
- 21/10 & 22/10/2020: Cactus Kayl
- 23/10/2020: Massen Wemperhardt shopping centre
- 27/10/2020: Cactus Redange-sur-Attert
- 29/10/2020: Mertert Parking CIMW
- 30/10/2020: Cactus Remich
- 04/11/2020 & 05/11/2020: Cactus Bascharage
- 06/11/2020: Knauf Pommerloch shopping centre
- 09/11/2020: Cactus Howald
- 12/11/2020: Cactus Bettembourg