The prestigious Cannes and Annecy film festivals will showcase six Luxembourg co-productions this year.
Three films, co-produced by Luxembourg, have been selected for the "Un certain regard" competition at the Cannes International Film Festival, taking place from 14 to 25 May 2019. These are:
- Chambre 212, a feature film written and directed by Christophe Honoré and co-produced by Bidibul Productions with France and Belgium;
- Les Hirondelles de Kaboul, an animated feature film directed by Zabou Breitman and Eléa Gobbé-Mévellec and co-produced by Melusine Productions with France and Switzerland;
- Viendra le feu, a feature film directed by Olivier Laxe and co-produced by Tarantula Luxembourg with Spain and France. The film was supported by the Luxembourg Film Fund as part of the Cineworld grants.
A further three films will compete at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival, held from 10 to 15 June 2019. These are:
- Zero Impunity, competing in the category "Contrechamp". This documentary, directed by Nicolas Blies, Stéphane Hueber-Blies and Denis Lambert, is an a_Bahn & Melusine Productions co-production with France;
- Fox & Hare, competing in the category "TV Movies". This TV series, directed by Mascha Halberstad and Tom van Gestel, is a Doghouse Films co-production with Belgium and the Netherlands;
- The Prince's Voyage (aka Le Voyage du Prince), competing in the "Event Sessions" selection. The feature film, directed by Jean-François Laguionie and Xavier Picard, is a Melusine Productions co-production with France.