Belgian professional cyclist Jenthe Biermans raced to victory in the second stage of the Škoda Tour de Luxembourg on Thursday 21 September 2023.
Stage 2 of this professional cycling event, taking place across Luxembourg from 20 to 24 September 2023, took riders from Mondorf-les-Bains (south-eastern Luxembourg) to Mamer (south-western Luxembourg) via Bridel and Kopstal, covering a total distance of 183.9 km.
This year, 120 professional cyclists from around the world (20 teams in total) are taking part in the race.
Jenthe Biermans of team Arkea-Samsic won in the sprint in the second stage, completing the race in four hours, 31 minutes and ten seconds. Danish cyclist Søren Kragh Andersen (Alpecin-Deceuninck) and Dutch cyclist Tim van Dijke (Jumbo-Visma) followed closely behind.
Søren Kragh Andersen took the yellow jersey as overall leader from New Zealander Corbin Strong.
Alex Kirsch finished in sixth place – the best result for Luxembourgish cyclists in this stage.
The third stage of the Škoda Tour de Luxembourg (168 km) will head north from Mertert and go up on small paths with an average gradient of 18% (only climbers can stand up to it). The finish will be at Château de Vianden.
Stage 2 results
1.Jenthe Biermans (Belgium; Team Arkea-Samsic), 04:31:10
2. Søren Kragh Andersen (Denmark; Alpecin-Deceuninck), + 00:00
3. Tim Van Dijke (Netherlands; Jumbo-Visma), + 00:00
4. Jordi Meeus (Belgium; Bora-Hansgrohe), + 00:00
1. Søren Kragh Andersen (Denmark; Alpecin-Deceuninck), 08:21:59
2. Corbin Strong (New Zealand; Israel - Premier Tech), + 00:02
3. Alex Aranburu Deba (Spain; Movistar Team), + 00:08
4. Quinten Hermans (Belgium; Alpecin-Deceuninck), + 00:09