ING Solidarity Award Winners 2017;
For seven years now, ING has been organising the ING Solidarity Awards with the aim of supporting local associations and giving them maximum visibility; all non-profit associations and foundations, and sociétés d’impact sociétal (SIS) registered in Luxembourg and established in the country are invited to take part in this dual competition, for which there are two separate section.
Online vote (30 x €1,000)
Associations are invited to register on the ING website (www.ing.lu/solidarityawards) if they meet the conditions stated in the rules. The 30 associations having accumulated the most votes from internet users between 24 October and 13 November 2018 at noon will receive a €1,000 cheque.
Jury vote for a project (6 x €5,000)
Associations taking part can also submit a project to ING before midnight on 10 October 2018 by registering following the same procedure as for the "online vote" competition. At the end of the process, the projects submitted will be voted on by a jury. Among the projects, which will be classified in three categories, the members of the ING Solidarity Awards Jury will select the six projects they find most promising in terms of value, impact, originality and implementation method.
To take part, each association/foundation must fall into one of the following three categories:
- Humanitarian aid: humanitarian projects by associations working to improve people’s quality of life or to ensure respect for fellow human beings;
- Integration: associations’ projects intended to promote adaptation, inclusion or the creation of social links between individuals;
- Other: projects by associations working for the benefit of others in areas other than humanitarian aid or integration.
Two projects in each category will be awarded by the Jury:
- A prize for a project from a 100% volunteer-run association;
- A prize for a project from an association having at least one employee.
As is now customary, ING will host a ceremony for the ING Solidarity Awards in its headquarters in the Luxembourg-Gare district, ING Lux House, on 21 November 2018 starting at 19:00.
ING’s Sustainability team invites all associations based in Luxembourg to submit their applications: “ING takes a lot of pride in this fine project! We invite all associations, foundations and SIS in Luxembourg to take part in the ING Solidarity Awards. As of now, they can submit an application for the online vote or add a description of a project to participate in the jury vote. More information is available on www.ing.lu/solidarityawards!”
To fill in the application form in compliance with "ING Solidarity Awards" rules or for additional information, please go to www.ing.lu/solidarityawards.
Dates of the 2018 ING Solidarity Awards
- From 12 September to 10 October: registration
- From 24 October to 13 November at noon: online voting
- 21 November: awards ceremony in the auditorium at ING Lux House