On Saturday 30 July 2022, the College of Aldermen of the City of Luxembourg (Ville de Luxembourg - VdL) officially opened the DeliKoreana pop-up kiosk in Place de France in Luxembourg-Belair.
Until 20 August 2022, this pop-up kiosk will offer various Korean street food specialties, such as Gimbap (a seaweed rice roll filled with vegetables, fish or meat). A small terrace specially equipped for the occasion will allow visitors to taste these specialties on site.
The DeliKoreana pop-up kiosk is one of several pop-up stores currently operating in Luxembourg City. The others are:
• Arte Sana (43 Grand-Rue), open until 31 August 2022
• Julie Conrad Design Studio (30 Rue des Capucins), open until 31 August 2022
• Odysay (38 Rue Philippe II), open until 12 September 2022
• Bonne Nouvelle (Charly's Gare - 16a Avenue Emile Reuter), open until 12 December 2022
• Romantico Romantico (26 Rue des Capucins), open until 31 December 2022
• Tipp Topp Art Studio (3 Rue Origer), open until 23 February 2023
• Banjak Jewelry (40 Rue Philippe II), set to open in August 2022
• Smile (25 Rue des Capucins), set to open in August 2022
Through the "pop-up stores" project, the City of Luxembourg aims to promote entrepreneurship and contribute to the creation of a diversified commercial offer in the capital while allowing creators, traders or startups to test their product, service or concept and to be in direct contact with their customers.