Following the floods of 14 and 15 July 2021, the Mutualité de Cautionnement of the Chamber of Commerce decided to grant its guarantees to Luxembourg businesses affected by the floods.
The main objective of the Mutualité de Cautionnement is to compensate for the lack of guarantees of small and medium-sized entreprises (SMEs) in Luxembourg by facilitating access to bank financing.
The Mutualité de Cautionnement guarantees the following support for businesses affected by the floods:
- a special instrument to help the SMEs concerned to better manage their liquidity problems;
- the guarantee can be up to €250,000 per application without exceeding 50% of the loan amount;
- a guarantee request to be made by the banker of the business concerned;
- processing of the warranty request within 48 hours;
- the cost of the guarantee is reduced from 0.50% to 0.25%.
In 2020, the Mutualité de Cautionnement put in place a simple and fast procedure allowing the processing of bond requests within 48 hours to support businesses affected by the COVID-19 crisis. This COVID-19 guarantee remains in force to help businesses during the post-pandemic recovery.
For questions regarding bank guarantees, contact the Mutualité de Cautionnement of the Chamber of Commerce via tel.: 423939-600 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.