The Centre des Arts Pluriels Ettelbruck (CAPE) has launched a final call for singers to sign up for the "Single Singers Go A CAPE'LLA" project as part of the A CAPE'lla Festival, which will take place from 30 January to 2 February 2020 in Ettelbrück and Diekirch.
The CAPE Ettelbruck, in cooperation with INECC Luxembourg, has invited passionate singers to participate in the Single Singers Go A CAPE'LLA project. The Single Singers were originally founded by Annemarie Homan and Emily May 't Hoen for the London A Cappella Festival in January 2012. Its aim was to give singers who came to the festival alone the opportunity to perform with a group. The name is based on the well-known Swingle Singers, who also hosted the festival. The concept was so well received that the Single Singers brand even made its way to the USA and Asia.
A joint appearance at the festival is planned for 1 February 2020. For further information and to register, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Any experienced singer can join. It doesn’t matter if you are an amateur or a professional
2. You must have at least one ticket for the festival
3. You are in no other way performing with a group at the festival
4. You are able to study your parts individually
5. You are flexible. You may not be assigned to the part you usually sing and plans may change at any time
6. Solo-parts will be more or less randomly assigned. Of course you are free to decline if you don’t feel comfortable with it
7. You realise that the musical results may not be perfect and you are okay with that
8. You join for the fun of singing together and will (humbly) take any place in the choir that is desired
9. You are capable of communicating, in English, via Facebook, Twitter and/or email
10. You like meeting new people and enjoy the shared challenge of performing together after just a few short rehearsals.